Welcome! I always hate writing about myself so I’ll try not to bore you too much.
When asked what I do, the only thing I can consistently answer is “change”. In my professional life I’ve had a million roles, each one as interesting at the next. Personally, I’m a rolling stone. I’ve been married for sixteen years and a mom for eleven but other than those two elements, nothing about me stays the same for very long. Currently, we’re trying our hand at putting down roots but even that is new for us so staying the same is also a change.
Here is all I know: the older I get the more I realize there is plenty of time to grow up to be what I have always wanted to be, whatever that may be. And, no matter where I am or what I am doing, I’ll learn something and that can never be bad.
If you want to learn more about how this blog got started, click here. Maybe it’s a new book you seek, information on managing money. Want some help feeding yourself or your kids, or style for real life or tips for fixing your face. Maybe you just want stories of marriage and motherhood and life as a lady trying to manage it all and not lose herself in the process. Oh, there are lots of stories. You can find all the trials and triumphs of reinvention here. Hope they help you in yours.
Cristie Ritz King, M.Ed, HHC, BD
A million years ago I started The Traveling Circus as a personal blog to write about my family and our appearance on HGTV’s Real Estate Intervention. Our brush with TV fame coincided with an out of state move so I needed a way to keep everyone in our large extended family connected. What started out as daily stories has morphed into a place where people come for comic relief and maybe a little inspiration. This blog has since become an extension of the work I do and the dreams I pursue.
- Wrote for Silicon Valley Moms Group
- Project You Online Magazine
- Huffington Post Women
- Founding editor Jersey Moms Blog.
- Contributor to KidzVuz Parents Blog, Just Be Enough Blog
- Vlogger for Project Underblog
- Syndicated by The McClatchy Company publications
- Wrote for All Things Chic Fashion Collective
- Mom Contributor for Meridian Momtourage
- Member of Yahoo! Mother Board.
- Purex Insider
- Entrant in the Lee, Life in Lee Photography Contest 2011
- Syndicated on Blog For Family Dinner
- Featured as part of Yahoo! Shine’s You Reinvented Project: I can be found discussing how I took my family from unconscious spenders to fully engaged money managers. I enjoy sharing my story with others as a way to encourage everyone to take control of their lives-be it financial, fitness or other wise.
I accept banner ads, text ads, contextual ads and occasionally a sponsored post. It is my desire to maintain my integrity and authenticity at all times, and I will only support products and services that I can wholeheartedly endorse.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship and other forms of compensation. I often use affiliate links in my posts. I abide by word of mouth marketing standards, and I am always forthright with my opinions no matter the relationship. I believe in honesty of opinion and identity. Any such content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.